Rev. date: July 1, 2022
Grand.Space (“Grand.Space” or“We“, “us“), respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through our Grand.Space Virtual Event Cloud software platforms and applications (collectively our “Applications”) as well as Grand.Space’s privacy practices in relation to the use of Grand.Space’s websites (such as www.thegrand.space and other Grand.Space websites that link to this policy) and external marketing activities.
This policy also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of Grand.Space’s processing. The Policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any third-party application or content (including advertising) that links to or is accessible from our Applications or websites.
Are you a Customer, Customer Business Contact or Visitor?
This policy applies to the following classification of individuals that interact with Grand.Space:
- CUSTOMERS: Customers are individuals that are employees or associates of Grand.Space’s direct customers (for example, exhibition organisers, TradeFair organisers, event planners, Corporate, Businesses and meeting space providers), including customer personnel that are assigned a login ID and are authorized to access and use our Applications pursuant to an active Grand.Space agreement, or under a temporary evaluation license, if available. Additionally, Customers include individuals who self-register to access our Applications.
- CUSTOMER BUSINESS CONTACTS: Customer Business Contacts are individuals that interact with our Customers through our Applications. These include our Customers’ current and prospective clients, members, attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, marketing partners or other business contacts. For example, Customer Business Contacts include individuals that register for an event organized by a Customer, download an event-related mobile app, complete an online survey using one of Grand.Space’s Applications.
- VISITORS: Individuals and prospective customers who interact with our Websites (for instance, to read about Grand.Space products and services, download a white paper, or sign up for an online demo), as well as those who attend Grand.Space marketing events (for instance, Grand.Space live events and webinars) and whom we meet at a tradeshow or learn about through a referral from third parties or other external sources.
What types of personal data do our Customers collect?
Our Applications are flexible and allow our Customers to collect a variety of personal data from and about their Customer Business Contacts, including name, organization, title, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, social media account ID, credit or debit card number and other information including but not limited to dietary preferences, interests, opinions, activities, age, gender, education, and occupation.
Grand.Space’s use of personal information collected through our Applications shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our Customers have engaged Grand.Space, to improve our services, or as required or permitted by law.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use our Applications.
How do our Customers collect personal data?
- When Customer Business Contacts voluntarily and explicitly enter personal data into our Applications.
- When our Customers enter Customer Business Contacts into our Applications, when permitted, including by having a legitimate business interest or obtaining explicit consent from a Customer Business Contact.
How do our Customers use personal data?
If a Customer Business Contact chooses to use our Applications to conduct business with a Customer (for example register for or attend an event, respond to an online survey, download a mobile application, or send or respond to a Request for Proposal (“RFP”)), any information provided in connection with that interaction will be transferred to, and under the control of, the Customer.
Customers will also have access to information (including personal data and Application usage data) related to how Customer Business contacts interact with the Applications they use. In such instances, the Customers act as data controllers towards the Customer Business Contact, under the European Economic Area (“EEA”) data protection laws. Therefore, Grand.Space cannot and does not take responsibility for the privacy practices of Customers.
The information practices of our Customers are governed by their privacy policies. We encourage Customer Business Contacts to review the Customers’ privacy policies to understand their practices and procedures.
Does Grand.Space use or sell personal data collected by our Customers?
Grand.Space does not use personal data of our Customer Business Contacts for any purposes other than to provide services that our Customers have contracted us to provide through our Applications, as noted below, to improve our services, or as required or permitted by law. Grand.Space does not sell personal data of our Customer Business Contacts. For more information, you can read our ‘Data Processing Agreement‘
How does Grand.Space collect and process personal data from our Customers and their Customer Business Contacts?
We collect personal data from our customers in order to facilitate communication and delivery of the Applications that our Customers are interested in or contract us to provide. For example, we may collect Customer contact information, whether through the execution of a contract, use of our services, a form on our website, queries submitted to our chat agent, and interaction with our sales or customer support team, sign up for an event, or a response to one of our surveys or marketing emails. We may also collect credit card information (e.g., credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.) or other customary bank information needed for billing and payment purposes.
We may record Customer telephone calls made to our Client Services team for legitimate business interests related to providing Customer support, compliance with laws, training, and quality assurance. We retain such recordings until 180 days after the date of recording unless otherwise needed for contract implementation or further employee training.
We and our vendors collect Customer usage information about how our customers interact with our Applications. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform certain actions, what language preference you have, what you buy, and so on.
- To disclose to our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purpose of providing services to our Customers and their Customer Business Contacts.
- To disclose to contractors, service providers, and other third parties as reasonably necessary or prudent to provide, maintain and support our Applications for our Customers and their Customer Business Contacts, such as, for example, payment processors and data center or Web hosting providers. Grand.Space does not share, sell or trade any information with such third parties for any promotional purposes.
- To deliver the services that our Customer has contracted us to provide through our Applications. Some examples include:
- If a Customer Business Contact uses one of our Applications to register for an event, we will use their provided e-mail address to send them information and announcements relating to that event.
- If a Customer Business Contact uses one of our Applications to pay for event registration fees or other products and services using their credit cards, we will pass the credit card information to payment card processors to validate the payment information and complete the transactions.
- To disclose to virtual event organizers, exhibitors, or other attendees, as directed by a Customer or consented to by a Customer Business Contact, such as clicking to give consent to receive exhibitor information, or actively consenting to share information in a Grand.Space mobile application (e.g., name, contact information, profile picture, survey responses, Q&A features, comments, messages, poll responses, etc.).
- To deliver to a third party in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, recapitalization, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all Grand.Space’s assets, whether as a continuing operating business or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Grand.Space about our Customers and Customer Business Contacts is among the assets transferred.
- For our internal business purposes that include administering access and use of our Applications, data analysis, securely identifying Customers upon logging onto an Application, enhancing or modifying our Applications, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, billing for Services, and operating our business.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, and (c) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions.
- For other purposes when Customer Business Contacts provide explicit consent.
We aggregate and anonymize information about (i) Customers and Customer Business Contacts, and (ii) the use of our Applications in order to improve our Applications and to create benchmark and other business intelligence products. None of the aggregated and anonymized information contains personal data (i.e., does not identify any individual).
What is the legal basis for Grand.Space to process personal data from the EEA?
For more information, you can read our ‘Data Processing Agreement‘
How long does Grand.Space store personal data collected by our Customers?
Where we process personal data for legitimate business interests described in the section “Does Grand.Space use or sell personal data collected by our Customers,” unless otherwise provided in our contract with our Customer, we process the data until 10 days after the termination of the contract, at which time we remove it from our production environment. Within 1 month, we remove the data from our backup media.
How can a Customer Business Contact access, correct or delete their personal data?
For more information, you can read our ‘Data Processing Agreement‘
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Details of your visits to our Applications, such as the date and time you access our Applications, length of time you spend on our Applications, websites that linked to our Applications or websites linked from our Applications, the resources and content that you access and use on the Applications.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP Address, computer type, screen resolution, language, Internet browser type and version.
Below are the technologies we use for automatic data collection.We do not use any of these technologies to collect information from Customer Business Contacts for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A “session” cookie lasts for a single browser session only and is deleted when the user closes the web browser. Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A “persistent” cookie remains on the user’s device (even while powered off) until it expires or is deleted. A persistent cookie will be reactivated when a user returns to the website which posted the cookie. We use persistent cookies to help customize your web experience when you return to a web page or our website. Neither of these cookies can read or access other cookies or any data from a user’s hard drive. Further, neither of these cookies alone will personally identify a user; however, a cookie will recognize a user’s individual web browser or device through an IP Address, browser version, operating system, and other information, and individuals who log in to their Grand.Space accounts will be individually identifiable to particular Applications using session cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages in our Applications and our e-mails will contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons differ from cookies in that the information is not stored on your hard drive, but invisibly embedded on web pages or in email. Web beacons permit us to track online movements of web users, for example: to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). This enables Grand.Space to provide a website experience more tailored to our users’ preferences and interests.
At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we wait for a uniform standard put forth by regulators or the privacy industry. Grand.Space earnestly considers an individual’s independent right to determine how their personal data is processed and continues to monitor developments in this area.
You can adjust your browser’s settings to limit or disable cookies and other tracking technologies.
Third Party Analytics Providers
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics by clicking here.
- You may opt-out of Mixpanel’s practices by visiting https://mixpanel.com/optout/.
How does Grand.Space process data from Visitors?
Grand.Space processes Visitor data separately and distinctly from the way we process Customer and Customer Business Contact data. By visiting our websites, attending Grand.Space marketing events or providing us with your personal information, Visitors consent to the collection, processing, and storage of their personal information as described in this section.
Visitor Personal Data Collected
Grand.Space collects personal data including name, title, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social media account ID, company information (including financial and billing information when purchasing Grand.Space services), survey responses, message board posts, chat messages, contest entries, and promotional inquiries. We may collect this Visitor information through a form on our website, queries submitted to our chat agent, and interaction with our sales or customer support team when signing up for an event or through a response to one of our surveys or marketing emails. We use this information to provide you with additional details about our services, conduct research, provide whitepapers or contact you after your visit.
We also collect personal data from third party sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. For example, if a Visitor elects to connect her social media account to her account for our websites, certain personal data from the social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal data that is part of the Visitor’s profile or her friends’ profiles.
If you elect to do so, when you provide a reference, we collect personal information about your contacts, such as:
- Work email
- Phone number
- City of residence
- ZIP code
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
If you believe that someone else has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request us to remove it from our database, please submit a request at https://www.thegrand.space/contact-us/. Additionally, we and our analytics service providers collect personal data from cookies and similar technologies to collect information about the pages Visitors view, links Visitors click on, Visitors’ web browser information, Visitors’ IP address, and other actions Visitors may take when accessing our websites. For additional information about our use of these technologies and how to control them, see “Cookies and similar technologies“ section above.
Grand.Space’s Use of Visitor Personal Data Collected
Grand.Space processes Visitor personal data to:
- Analyze how our websites are accessed;
- Personalize your browsing experience and present products or features that may be more applicable to you;
- Identify website technical problems;
- Discover, investigate and remediate fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Transmit notices related to product, service, or policy changes;
- Respond to your product and service inquiries;
- Send you information such as product announcements, newsletters, whitepapers, other relevant offers, and upcoming promotions or events (where required, dependent on jurisdiction, we will seek and obtain your explicit consent before sending marketing emails);
- Plan and host Grand.Space corporate events, host online forums and social networks in which Visitors may participate;
- Analyze and identify new prospects;
- Create tailored advertising, sales, and promotional programs; and
- Bill customers for our services and assess the financial capability of prospective customers to afford Grand.Space’s solutions.
Storing of Visitor Personal Data
Where we process Visitor’s personal data for marketing purposes or with Visitor consent, we process the data until the Visitor asks us to stop. It typically takes up to 30 days to implement your request, but in no event longer than required by applicable law. Grand.Space will not retain Visitor’s personal data longer than the statutory retention period permitted in the local jurisdictions where Grand.Space services are marketed and provided. We also keep a record of when Visitors have asked us not to send direct marketing or to process Visitor data indefinitely so that we can respect the Visitor’s request in the future.
Sharing of Visitor Data
Grand.Space may share information with third-party service providers contracted to provide services on our behalf as well as third parties who resell Grand.Space services.
Grand.Space may also engage with business partners to jointly offer products, services or other programs such as webinars or whitepapers and from time to time, we may share personal data if you purchase or show interest in any jointly-offered products or services.
Grand.Space will only share personal data of Visitors who attend a Grand.Space marketing event with third parties if a) the Visitor explicitly consents, or b) it is permissible under applicable law.
Access, correct or delete Visitor data
Any Visitor that seeks to access, correct or delete data, can do so by submitting a request on our website at https://www.thegrand.space/contact-us/ Grand.Space will process this request within 30 days.
We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In such instances, we will inform the Visitor about the legal obligations that prevent us from fulfilling the request.
We will maintain an audit history of any requests to access, correct or delete the personal information to maintain a record of compliance with regulatory requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies
How does Grand.Space secure the data it processes?
We use a variety of organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Information“ section below.
How Can a Customer or Visitor Manage their Grand.Space Email Preferences?
If you wish to update your email preferences to tailor the topics you are most interested in receiving, or to unsubscribe from communications from Grand.Space, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Grand.Space Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions. For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information. Date Last Modified: This Privacy Notice was last modified December 17th, 2019.
Please contact Grand.Space with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by sending an email to us at email@example.com